Waitta Board Member Director
Job Title: Ordinary Board Member
Reports To: President
Position Type: Volunteer
Level of Commitment: This is a volunteer position, which generally requires 4 hours per week. All Board Directors are required to be part of at least one working group/committee.
Board meetings are held 8-10 times a year, on Tuesday evenings.
The WAITTA Board is a Working Board and as such Board Directors are actively encouraged to lead by example and get involved in WAITTA, through volunteering and attending WAITTA events.
Term: 2 years
WAITTA’s mission is to promote the WA ICT Industry and profession by recognising and promoting excellence and awards in a sustainable way.
We do this by:
- Informing WA about innovation and excellence in activities within the WA ICT industry.
- Inspiring the WA ICT industry to achieve excellence in their endeavours.
- Influencing everyone to improve the quality of life and diversity in every community through the delivery of services using ICT.
What are we looking for you to take responsibility for?
|On being elected to the Board, undertake induction and training procedures as provided by the Board
|Consider, debate, and vote on issues before the Board on the basis of the best interests of the organisation only
|Review and approve the organisation’s Strategic Plan, and other consequential arrangements (Business Plan, Marketing Plan, etc)
|Attend all meetings, or, if absolutely unavoidable, apologise in advance for absence
|Where Board papers are circulated in advance of the meeting, read papers and consider issues before the meeting
|Contribute to the discussion and resolution of issues at meetings and otherwise as appropriate
|Administrative & Management
|Approach employees of the organisation (paid or unpaid) only through the President
|Serve on Board committees as required
|Review and approve the organisation’s systems for financial control and risk management
|Undertake administrative duties as required
|Understand the organisation’s finances (including solvency)
|Make comments to the media only as provided in the organisation’s Media Policy
|Promote the organisation in the community as opportunities arise
|Fundraising and Sponsorship
|Participate enthusiastically in any fundraising and sponsorship activities approved by the Board
|Legal & Ethical
|Avoid making any improper use of their position in the organisation to gain any material advantage for themselves, or for any other person, or to the detriment of the organisation
|Avoid making any improper use of any information acquired by virtue of their position in the organisation so as to gain any material advantage for themselves, or for any other person, or to the detriment of the organisation
|If they have any direct or indirect material personal interest in any contract with the organisation, inform the Board immediately
|If they have any direct or indirect material personal interest in any contract with the organisation, not vote in the Board on that issue
|If they have any non-material personal conflict of interest in any matter before the Board, or believe that the perception of such a conflict might arise, inform the Board immediately and follow the Board’s rulings as to proper procedure
|At all times conduct Board business politely and with consideration for others, without ill feeling, improper bias, or personal animus
What should you bring to the table?
Essential skills and experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in organisational governance at an executive or Board level, ideally in a non-profit/charity.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience within the ICT&T Industry.
- Must be able to commit time and effort to working with a dedicated team of staff, volunteers, and Board towards achieving WAITTA’s purpose:
Additionally, applicants must have at least one of the below lists, to be considered for a Board Director position in WAITTA:
- Community service connections, stakeholder communication, negotiations, and strategic partnership development.
- Philanthropy and fundraising experience and connections with major donors, and ability to use these connections to benefit WAITTA.
- Accounting, financial management, reporting and investment strategy qualifications, skills and experience.
- Legal expertise, including contract negotiation.
- Risk management including finance.
- Board or executive level experience in digital transformation, strategy development and implementation.