Social Media Support
Job Title: Social Media Support
Reports To: Communications Lead(s)
Position Type: Volunteer
Level of Commitment: 2/3 hours per week, plus 1-hour Events Meeting per month and attending between 5-6 WAITTA events per year to assist with event coordination.
Objective of the position: To support our existing Social Media content creator in the execution of WAITTA’s marketing strategy across multiple social media platforms.
WAITTA’s mission is to promote the WA ICT Industry and profession by recognising and promoting excellence and awards in a sustainable way.
We do this by:
- Informing WA about the innovative and excellence in activities within the WA ICT industry.
- Inspiring the WA ICT industry to achieve excellence in their endeavours.
- Influencing everyone to improve the quality of life in every community through the delivery of services using ICT.
Why volunteer at WAITTA?
As well as being a key cog in driving a the recognition of the amazing innovation delivered within Western Australia and supporting jobs growth within the ICT&T sector in this state, you will also benefit from a support network of 40+ WAITTA volunteers to learn from, be championed by, and share your knowledge with. Welcome to your very own personal cheer squad!
WAITTA facilitates industry connections for all its supporters and entrants, and as a WAITTA volunteer, you will have first-hand access to meeting some incredible people in our community.
If that’s not enough you also benefit from free tickets to the Incite Awards, free tickets to the Gamechanger Awards, free tickets to putt4dough (dinner), and free tickets to events provided by our partners (where made available).
What are we looking for you to take responsibility for?
Updating our content across LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram using the CANVAS:
- Writing content for short-form social media posts
- Promoting our events
- Promoting of WA success stories (entrants, winners and sponsors)
- Contributing to the overall WAITTA Communications Strategy
- Sharing ideas and strategies to create an informative and supportive website
What should you bring to the table?
- Prior experience working with CANVA (or equivalent)
- An understanding and/or passion for the technology industry
- An understanding of marketing content strategies and aligning voice/tone/branding across all communication platforms (web, social, email, etc)