Job Title: Events Organiser
Reports To: Events Lead
Position Type: Volunteer
Level of Commitment: 2/3 hours per week, plus 1-hour Events Meeting per month and attending between 5-6 WAITTA events per year to assist with event coordination.
Objective of the position: To deliver informative and inspiring WAITTA events, creating an inspirational space for the WAITTA community to connect, share knowledge and develop.
WAITTA’s mission is to promote the WA ICT Industry and profession by recognising and promoting excellence and awards in a sustainable way.
We do this by:
- Informing WA about the innovative and excellence in activities within the WA ICT industry.
- Inspiring the WA ICT industry to achieve excellence in their endeavours.
- Influencing everyone to improve the quality of life in every community through the delivery of services using ICT.
Why volunteer at WAITTA?
As well as being a key cog in driving a the recognition of the amazing innovation delivered within Western Australia and supporting jobs growth within the ICT&T sector in this state, you will also benefit from a support network of 40+ WAITTA volunteers to learn from, be championed by, and share your knowledge with. Welcome to your very own personal cheer squad!
WAITTA facilitates industry connections for all its supporters and entrants, and as a WAITTA volunteer, you will have first-hand access to meeting some incredible people in our community.
If that’s not enough you also benefit from free tickets to the Incite Awards, free tickets to the Gamechanger Awards, free tickets to putt4dough (dinner), and free tickets to events provided by our partners (where made available).
What are we looking for you to take responsibility for?
Partner with a fellow Event’s volunteer team member to deliver 1-2 events per year (or more depending on how much time you are able to commit)
- Collaborating and brainstorming event ideas with your sub-committee members
- Identifying event themes
- Arranging speakers (keynote and/or panel)
- Securing venues
- Organising catering
- Managing online ticketing sales
- Communicating event information to the Comms Team (speaker bios, event theme, etc)
- Developing and communicating event run-sheet with stakeholders
What should you bring to the table?
- Your previous experience in organising events
- Your understanding and/or passion for the technology industry
- Your understanding and/or passion for creating a more equitable world
- Your ideas and enthusiasm