Job Title: Content Writer
Reports To: Events Lead(s)
Position Type: Volunteer
Level of Commitment: 2/3 hours per week, plus 1-hour Events Meeting per month and attending between 5-6 WAITTA events per year to assist with event coordination.
Objective of the position: To turn the Awards and event themes into written content that tells a story, communicates themes and paints an engaging and appealing picture.
WAITTA’s mission is to promote the WA ICT Industry and profession by recognising and promoting excellence and awards in a sustainable way.
We do this by:
- Informing WA about the innovative and excellence in activities within the WA ICT industry.
- Inspiring the WA ICT industry to achieve excellence in their endeavours.
- Influencing everyone to improve the quality of life in every community through the delivery of services using ICT.
Why volunteer at WAITTA?
As well as being a key cog in driving a the recognition of the amazing innovation delivered within Western Australia and supporting jobs growth within the ICT&T sector in this state, you will also benefit from a support network of 40+ WAITTA volunteers to learn from, be championed by, and share your knowledge with. Welcome to your very own personal cheer squad!
WAITTA facilitates industry connections for all its supporters and entrants, and as a WAITTA volunteer, you will have first-hand access to meeting some incredible people in our community.
If that’s not enough you also benefit from free tickets to the Incite Awards, free tickets to the Gamechanger Awards, free tickets to putt4dough (dinner), and free tickets to events provided by our partners (where made available).
What are we looking for you to take responsibility for?
Collaborating with the Awards and events teams to effectively communicate the tone and plan of our annual major events:
- Collaborating and brainstorming event ideas with your sub-committee members
- Contributing your ideas to event themes
- Writing clear marketing copy to promote our major events
- Collating speaker bios to develop copy for event programs and collateral
- Communicating event information to the Comms Team (speaker bios, event theme, etc)
- Collaborating closely with the Sub-Committees to get the message out there
What should you bring to the table?
- Your previous experience in writing copy and content creation
- Your understanding and/or passion for the technology industry
- Your ideas and enthusiasm